The Roxbury Scholarship Foundation fills a vital need in our community
by helping local students attend college. This academic year, the
foundation awarded $111,800 in scholarships to 35 students. Since the
Foundation began in 1971, it has given more than $1.6 million to
Roxbury students. The scholarships are based on need, character, and
academic achievement, with need being the primary consideration. None
of this would have been possible without generous contributions from
the Roxbury Community.
By supporting the Foundation, you are investing in the future of our town’s youth.
Since scholarships are available to people of all ages, you are also helping some adults resume their educations in order to further their careers.
Please consider supporting the Foundation with a tax-deductible donation. Contributions may be made to the general scholarship fund, to one of our memorial scholarship funds, or by creating a new memorial scholarship on behalf of someone you wish to honor.
How To Donate
Click the Donate Online button below
Follow the prompt.
On the confirmation page there will be an optional note field. If you would like your donation to be contributed to a specific memorial scholarship please include a note specifying which memorial scholarship. If you don't specify a memorial scholarship then your contribution will go to our general fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
- There are two ways to make a contribution: online or through the mail. If you click the Donate Online button, a new screen will open allowing you to donate. Otherwise, you can mail a check addressed to Roxbury Scholarship Foundation to our address: Roxbury Scholarship Foundation, P.O. Box 106 Roxbury, CT 06783.
- Named memorial scholarships were created to honor a friend or family member. Named scholarships can specify reasonable restrictions relating to the awarding of the scholarship. The law also provides for financial restrictions on fully endowed named scholarships such that their total value cannot go below the originally endowed amount. General fund scholarships are financed from contributions from community members who do not wish to have their donation targeted to a specific named scholarship. There are no restrictions in the awarding of a general fund scholarship. Money in the general fund is also used to finance the day-to-day operations of the RSF.
- If you are donating online there will be an option to enter a note. Please include the name of the memorial scholarship there. If you are donating via mail, please send a note with the check specifying the memorial scholarship. If no note is provided, then your donation will go to our general fund.
- You can reach out to any of the board members or send us an e-mail at roxburyscholarsh[email protected] and we will answer any of your questions.
- If you wish to establish a permanently endowed named scholarship, you will need to raise at least $25,000. However, you have an opportunity to raise this amount over time. A permanently endowed scholarship will never be totally depleted. If you cannot or choose not to reach the $25,000 target, your named scholarship will eventually be totally spent down.
- Email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to discuss opportunities to become either a board member or a member of the Scholarship Awards Committee. You will always be welcome to attend one of the board’s monthly meetings.
Featured Success Stories
Kirby attended St. Michael's College and now manages the Maple Bank Farm.
Leigh attended Northeastern University and now teaches.
Rory attended the University of Maine and is now the Conservation Science Manager for the Steep Rock Association.